Sunday, April 27, 2014

Caminito


Time for a new project! I was looking for some kind of inspiration today for my new work and I found this great photograph of a street somewhere in Argentina and thus I decided to whip up some kind of a colorful and soulful street, as a change. 

This time I'm trying out a bigger image size, more like a poster type of thing with dimensions 40x50 cm and with a DPI of 300. This will increase my image quality and size - just in case. I've started with a 2B pencil and i just sketched the outlines of my street corner on a darker shade of gray. 


Throughout this post I'll be in the simple zone, it took me so long to find inspiration for a work and so I could only work on it for a few hours today. Anyway, after being finished with my sketch I started doing the foundation work with black and white - all simple and with a big brush. 


Now that I have my black and white foundation settled, my work is ready for color. I wanted a some sort of pinkish-purple sunset in an otherwise blue kinda thing going on in the sky with a little cloud action of course, which I'll start working on before starting on the building itself. 


I've got some sort of background going just as a starting point for my sky, I'll come back to it later on. Now I can start blocking in colors still using a large brush with high opacity, keeping it simple. 


The work looks like something a 10 year-old made at school right now since I haven't really gotten in any detail what so ever, hopefully better luck next week. Ha ha. I really do wish I would've had more time to work on this - I guess you get the gist of it. Next week I'll be adding shadows and hopefully start on more simple details. So 'till next Sunday then!


No comments:

Post a Comment