Sunday, November 30, 2014

At the Show: Pt II


This week I started working on my second work in my series of three works as I mentioned I would in my last post. However, I made some changes: I settled on another sketch to base off onto my actual work that is different from the one I posted last time. I just thought it was better suited for what I was going on and there it is below, a rough sketch for what I'm about to translate onto a nice piece of paper. 


As a medium I am using color pencils again to keep it constant, but I am using my water soluble colors instead without using water (because I have more color selection with my water solubles). I'm going to start off with the 'background' building and then work my way from left to right, to avoid smudging. 


I really did feel like I truly messed up the background building and I decided to come back to it after I finish my focal point. The most important thing here was to get the color values correct, which was quite difficult for me this time since first off, I am coloring a building and second off I'm still very much a rookie with color pencils. So, no promises on the outcome. I did very much enjoy doing the windows on the top of the building and playing with colors and such, I found the lighting to be very fascinating and enjoyable to work on. After finishing the windows on the top I work my way down to the lining and then down to the doors under the windows. 


Above you can see how I've started working on the arcs that'll become doors and I've added a few people, desperately waiting to get into the Dylan concert. Ha-ha. I was contemplating on making the people waiting to get in colorful, however I took artistic liberty to just make them black, perhaps giving a sense of darkness and contrast even. The main characters on the left will be dark too, so I thought it would be appropriate to make the other people dark as well. 


And here we go. One door down and three to go. I found these doors and arcs quite easy to manage as well, requiring less attention than the windows, if that's possible. The only issue I am having are the color values, I can't seem to get the colors I want, I should probably take some lessons from my other art-affiliated friends who are more into color than myself. 


Unfortunately, this was all the progress I made this week I've been slow since it's been a hectic time in school and finding myself good college options and so on and so forth... High school seniors will know what I am talking about and above all, I am behind on all that stuff. Anyway, I hope to finish this work by next Sunday and be starting on the final piece of the Dylan project. 

'Til next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment