Sunday, October 20, 2013

Getting Started.

Hey folks!
   This is my first blog update ever and I've never actually read an entire blog so please don't judge me, I am new to all this modern cyber blogging...whatever it is. So, let's begin; I'm from this very tiny, cold and unheard place called Finland and no, there are no polar bears or igloos here - do NOT believe those fools who tell you otherwise. Oh, and I'm not actually Finnish but American and I go to an international school hoping to move to the States to reunite with my family next year and perhaps apply to a nice art college in Philly, PA. The reason why I started this blog is because I wanted to find a place where I could share my artwork - finished or in progress - and get feedback or just find people who are doing the same as me. I am heavily street art (mainly graffiti) oriented, so you will just have to bear with me until I find something new to obsess on. Anyways, this blog isn't about my life, clothes, animals or food - it's about art and that, my friends, is it.

To get started, I thought I would upload a few of my works to present to you:

OH RIGHT! I mainly use Molotow One4All markers and spray colors (not to commercialize but these babies work like a charm when used correctly). I've also started building my own canvas frames, this enables me to make my piece in any size I like, which is actually really great. AND another bonus is that making your own canvas frames is sooooooo soo soo much cheaper than buying a built one - for you who like to save a buck or two - and it's not even that difficult to do. I highly recommend it to you.

"tile" - My first canvas ever.
Spring 2013

"Raoul" - For my dear friend Ida.
Fall 2012

"Miia" - For another dear friend, sorry about all the fuzziness.
Summer 2013
                                   
Hippie shoes I made in the spring, the left shoe is the finished product, the one on the right is the original. Only 20 euros for the pair! I had to do something to them... They were just too boring.
Spring 2013
                                     

"Jaun" for a fellow Instagram artist.
Winter 2013

"Tile" - A school project and a name I used to go by. I have to say, my original plan looked much better.. Oh well. 

Winter 2013

"Hi-Rez" 3 - Piece project just for fun, got to try new things, eh?
Summer 2013

The Green Man

"Hi-Rez" - the name I like to go by (Rez for short)

I haven't come up with a name to this fellow quite yet, but I think you will be seeing him in the future.

And now ladies and gentlemen, we will get to the REALLY state of the art stuff. I present to you my latest piece, finished just a few days ago.....
                                
"Rez" - This is the biggest piece I've done so far. I tried to be creative with the background and basically just go with what feels right - and this is what was produced. The letters are actually quite simple and modest to my taste, I usually like my graffiti to be unable to read- I think it's better for the viewer can interpret it in their own way, not mine. Unfortunately I do not have any pictures of my progress, mainly because I didn't know I was starting a blog during the time. Sorry! 
Fall 2013

Well, that is nearly not the end of my projects but I shall post them here when I find a decent one, but that is all for now...

No comments:

Post a Comment